9.05.2013

Quickies: Lowfat Dressing Beefs Up Veggies

So, watching the Today Show this morning, this aired:

2 Women Shed 300 lbs. in 2 Different Ways

Sharing assorted tips from people who lost a tremendous amount of weight on their own, without fads or big-box diet programs.

No, I'm not turning this into a diet blog.....I love food, ALL OF IT, way too much.  But I think this is worth sharing.  The recipe is not mine, you'll see it if you watch the video, about midway thru the segment.  But it looks good, and those kale chips and the roasted cauliflower....do remind me to put those on my list for this week's excursion to the store!!!

Here's the recipe, written out, for the low-fat veggie dip/sauce/dressing:

6 oz Non-fat greek yogurt
Zest from 1/2 a lemon
2 tsp Extra Virgin olive oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard
A splash of red wine vinegar
1/2 a med/large shallot, minced fine
1 TBS parmesan (I would imagine they used the grated version as it would go further (farther, oy?) than using shreds
Coarse ground black pepper (to taste, I think, they didn't give an amount)

I do believe she (Joy Bauer) said that 2 TBS of this dressing was a whopping 30 calories.

I am all for things that make it easier to eat better. I think this is one of them.  Share, visit the Today Show website, watch their video and get your own dose of inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Preheat My Oven....